Justin Mark, Nanaimo BC
Justin is a long time British Columbia cross country mountain bike racer. Raised in Nanaimo, he started racing and race organizing in the early 1990’s as part of Team Puke. Moving to the mainland to pursue a career in teaching Justin spent most of his recreational time in the coastal mountains skiing, riding and adventuring. Taking a break from strictly mountain bike racing Justin branched out into triathlon, trail running and adventure racing, but was drawn back with the development of marathon stage racing in BC and the emerging cyclocross scene. Racing the first 3 years of BC Bike Race, he has worked to develop and lead the Bike Patrol team for the past 8 years. BC Bike Race has been a very big part of his life with his wife Carey Mark and Mom Mary Mark both successfully completing the event.
Justin currently resides in Nanaimo with his wife Carey and two kids Chase and Peyton, where he works as a school district coordinator and sessional instructor at Vancouver Island University. Living at the base of Mt. Benson close to Nanaimo’s extensive trail network they enjoy an active lifestyle racing for almost 12 months a year in various cycling and multisport events.
- Fletcher’s Challenge 15km Trail Running Race - 1st place Master (7th overall)
- Gear Jammer - 2nd 40+ (7th Overall)
- Island Cup XC Series - 1st overall Mens Elite
- 12 Hrs of Cumberland - Solo - 1st overall
- Test of Metal - 1st in Masters 40+ - ( 11th overall - 2:45)
- Whistler XC Provincial Championships - 1st 40+
- Singletrack 6 - 1st 40+
- Whistler Cyclocross Race - 2nd Elite
- JABR - 1st 40+
- Cross on the Rock - 7 race Cyclocross Series - Elite - 6th Overall - 1st Fasters Cat
- BC Cyclocross Championships Squamish - 1st Masters